Student Art Registration Form
Please type all information, print and attach to each submitted piece of artwork.
The Mahoning County Annual Art Show is held to recognize high school students in grades nine through twelve who have an interest and talent in the visual arts.
Entries must be submitted to the Mahoning County Educational Service Center through the art department in area school districts. Only individual, rather than joint entries, will be accepted with the exception of the film making/video category, which requires more than one person to create. All entries must be approved by the high school principal. Entries are limited to no more than 15 pieces per teacher.
The annual art show is just a few months away. The following is important information that will guide you through the procedures for 2013.
- Entries are limited to 15 pieces per teacher.
- Artwork needs to be delivered by a district representative to Mahoning County Educational Service Center, 100 DeBartolo Place, on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 from 2:30 – 5:00 p.m. (In the event of a snow day artwork should be delivered March 13, 2013 between 2:30-5:00 p.m.)
- Artwork will be judged on, Thursday, March 14, 2013 at the MCESC. As in the past, first, second, third, and honorable mention awards will be selected from each medium category.
- The Best of Show, The Student Purchase Award, and a District Award (one per district) will also be selected. * If your district wishes to nominate a piece of artwork for the District Award, please do so on the inventory sheets with a Yes in the designated column.
- Unselected artwork will be delivered to districts by Friday, March 22nd.
- There will be an open house at the Mahoning County Career and Technical Center for all invited guests from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 1, 2013 with an awards program beginning at 6:30 p.m.
Please review the following resources for the latest information on the Mahoning County Art Show.